What is CrossFit All About?

The CrossFit prescription is “constantly varied, high-intensity, functional movement.” Functional movements are universal motor recruitment patterns; they are performed in a wave of contraction from core to extremity; and they are compound movements—i.e., they are multi-joint. They are natural, effective, and efficient locomotors of body and external objects. But no aspect of functional movements is more important than their capacity to move large loads over long distances, and to do so quickly.
Fran: 2:37
Pullups: 40
500m Row: 1:32
Grace: 3:04
Isabel: 2:51
Dbl Unders: 100
BackSquat: 455
Front Squat: 350
Overhead Squat: 250
DeadLift: 450
Shoulder Press: 205
Power Snatch: 205
Push Jerk: 300
Power Clean and Jerk: 265
Bench: 315
Crossfit Total: 1110

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Wednesday 1/20/2009

I was traveling today and had to work out in a hotel. I decided to run on the treadmill. I ran 2 miles in a little under 20 minutes without walking. My lungs felt great but my legs and lower back were really sore from deadlifting yesterday. I was happy with the 2 miles though. That is the first time in a VERY LONG time I have been able to do that.

Food:
Today I was out of town in Seattle. Jayme backed some burritos, apples, and nuts for me but I had dinner and wine on the company dollar.

Breakfast 5 blocks
scramble with:
4 eggs
1 can of mushrooms
1 cup of black beans
1/2 avocado
1 glass of milk

lunch: 5 blocks
same as above

Snack 4 blocks
whole wheat tortilla
4 oz ham
1/2 avocado
1 apple

dinner 4 blocks ish...
ahi tuna salad
3 glasses of wine

No comments: