What is CrossFit All About?

The CrossFit prescription is “constantly varied, high-intensity, functional movement.” Functional movements are universal motor recruitment patterns; they are performed in a wave of contraction from core to extremity; and they are compound movements—i.e., they are multi-joint. They are natural, effective, and efficient locomotors of body and external objects. But no aspect of functional movements is more important than their capacity to move large loads over long distances, and to do so quickly.
Fran: 2:37
Pullups: 40
500m Row: 1:32
Grace: 3:04
Isabel: 2:51
Dbl Unders: 100
BackSquat: 455
Front Squat: 350
Overhead Squat: 250
DeadLift: 450
Shoulder Press: 205
Power Snatch: 205
Push Jerk: 300
Power Clean and Jerk: 265
Bench: 315
Crossfit Total: 1110

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thursday 1/22/2009

I was not able to work out today. All day meeting for work in Seattle.

I just finished reading, Mastering The Zone on the plane today!

I know I have changed my blocks a bunch of times, but now I feel that I have a plan...
Since I want to gain muscle mass and still burn fat I will eat an extra block a day. Supposedly that should help me gain a pound of muscle a month. The zone recommends that I eat 17 blocks per day so I will go for 18.

I will break those up into three 5 block meals, a 2 block after workout, and 1 before bed.

I was eating about every 3 hours, I learned that if you are truly in the zone, you should not be getting hungry until 4-6 hours after your meal. If you are getting hungry and you are feeling sluggish or loopy your carb to protein ratio is too high and you should decrease your carbs by one block per meal.
If you are hungry after 2 or three hours and your mental state is still alert then you need to add a block of carbs to your meal.
So, I may be adding an extra block of carbs to my 5 block meals throughout the day.
I will also be doubling or tripling my fat intake.

During my meeting today everyone ordered lunch from an Italian restaurant, calzones, pizza, pasta, sandwiches..... looked like a heart attack. I stuck with my homemade burritos!

breakfast: 5 blocks
tortilla
5 oz ham
1/2 avocado
2 apples
24 almonds

lunch 5 blocks
same as above

snack 5 blocks
same as above

Dinner 4 blocks
tortilla
4 oz turkey
1/2 avocado
3 glasses of wine

1 comment:

Chris Stroud said...

Great blog. Its great when people use blogs to create a public accountability for their fitness. Good luck at the games this year. I competed last year and its a blast.